The Business Education division of CTE strives to provide various activities, experiences and modes of instruction to help students attain the following objectives:
- Understand the business and economic environment in which we live.
- Acquire business skills and knowledge for personal and occupational uses.
- Apply skills in decision making and problem solving
- Realize responsibilities to oneself and others
- Explore business careers.
Waiakea High School offers the following Business courses:
- Keyboarding 1,2
- Introduction to Business Computer Applications/Business Computer Applications
- Work-Based Learning: Employment Training
- Business Career Pathway Core
- Beginning Accounting/Advanced Accounting
- Retail Merchandising
- Marketing Principles and Applications
- Cooperative Education: Business
- Jeanne Hosaka – Keybd 1,2; Comp App; Accounting
- Clemente Julian – Bus Pathway Core; Keybd 1; Comp App; Learning Ctr Coord.
- Sheri Kojima – Wk-Based Lrng; Marketing P/A; Retail Merch; Co-Op Ed